(In all types of residence visas, the presence of all people on the day of the interview is required)
Visa for people aged 18 and over who wish to work as employees in Spain (with a work contract). This visa covers seasonal work activities.
This Consular Office is competent to accept visa applications from individuals residing in the consular district.
- Who can apply for a visa: Visa applications must be submitted in person by the applicant or by one of their parents if the applicant is a minor.
- Visa application period: The visa application must be submitted within a period of 1 month, counted as of the day after the date on which the employer is notified of the favorable decision regarding the initial residence and employment permit.
- submission: Applications must be submitted in person .
- Rectifying the application: The Consular Office may ask the applicant to submit any missing documents, or to provide additional documents or data that are necessary for a decision regarding the application. The applicant may also be called in for a personal interview.
- Decision period: The legal period for reaching a decision is of 1 month from the day after the application submission date, but this period may be extended if an interview or additional documents are requested.
- Collecting the visa: The visa must be collected in person by the applicant or by their legal representative (if the applicant is a minor) within a maximum period of 1 month, counted as of the day after the date on which the favourable decision is notified. The Consular Office will inform the applicant regarding the procedure for the return of the passport and any other original documentation.
- Visa refusal: Visa refusals will always be notified in writing, setting forth the grounds on which the decision adopted was based.
- Appeals: If a visa is refused, the applicant may submit an appeal for reconsideration to this Consular Office within 1 month of the day following the date on which notification of the refusal is received. An application for judicial review may also be filed with the High Court of Justice of Madrid within the 2-month period beginning the day after the date on which the applicant receives notification of the visa refusal or of the dismissal of the reconsideration appeal.
- Validity period of the visa: If the contract is for one year, the visa will be valid for 90 days. Once in Spain, the worker must register with the Social Security system before beginning their work activity and apply for a Foreigner Identity Card at the Foreign Nationals' Office or the corresponding police station, within 1 month from their registration with the Social Security system.
If the work contract is for seasonal work, the visa will be valid for the entire period for which the applicant is authorized to reside and work in Spain, and it will not be necessary to apply for a Foreigner Identity Card upon arriving in Spain.
Visa fee and Service charge are as follows:-
||Visa Fees in Euro
|Adults above 12 years
|Children between 6-12 years
|Under 6 years old
|BLS Service Fee
The Visa Fee is subject to change without notice'
Note: We regret we cannot accept photographs that do not meet these requirements
Please provide one recent photograph (not more than 3 months old) of yourself, which should not have been used previously in the passport. The photograph should be in colour and:
- Taken against a white background so that features are distinguishable and contrast against the background.
- Clear share quality and with the face in focus.
- Printed on normal photographic paper (camera print).
- Full face, non-smiling [without sunglasses, a hat/cap or other head covering, unless the applicant wears such items because of their religious belief or ethnic background]
- Please stick the Photograph on the Visa Application Form.
Note: Please follow these instructions carefully. If photographs presented do not meet these requirements your application will be considered incomplete. A photo booth meeting these requirements is available at the center.