(In all types of residence visas, the presence of all people on the day of the interview is required)
Visa to engage in training, research, development and innovation activities at public or private entities in the following cases:
- Research staff referred to in article 13 and additional provision one of Act 14/2011 of 1 June on Science, Technology and Innovation.
- Scientific and technical staff carrying out scientific research, development and technological innovation work at business entities or R&D&i centers established in Spain.
- Researchers hosted, in the framework of an agreement, by public or private research bodies.
- Teaching staff hired by universities, higher education and research bodies or centers, or business schools established in Spain.
The following family members of the researcher may also obtain the visa:
- The spouse or unmarried partner.
- Children and adult children who are financially dependent on the researcher and who have not created a family unit of their own.
- Relatives in the ascending line in the researcher's care.
This Consular Office is competent to accept visa applications from individuals residing in the consular district.
- Who can apply for a permit: Visa applications must be submitted in person by the applicant or by one of their parents if they are a minor. They may also be submitted through a duly accredited representative.
- Rectifying the application: The Consular Office may ask the applicant to submit any missing documents, or to provide additional documents or data that are necessary for a decision regarding the application. The applicant may also be called in for a personal interview.
- Decision period: The legal period for reaching a decision is 10 days as of the day after the submission date of the application, but this period may be extended when an interview or additional documents are requested.
- Collecting the visa: The visa must be collected in person by the applicant or by their representative within a maximum period of 1 month, counted as of the day after the date on which the favorable decision is notified. The Consular Office will inform the applicant regarding the procedure for the return of the passport and any other original documentation.
- Visa refusal: Visa refusals will always be notified in writing, setting forth the grounds on which the decision adopted was based.
- Appeals: If a visa is refused, the applicant may submit an appeal for reconsideration to this Consular Office within 1 month of the day following the date on which notification of the refusal is received. An application for judicial review may also be filed with the High Court Justice of Madrid within the 2-month period beginning the day after the date on which the applicant receives notification of the visa refusal or of the dismissal of the reconsideration appeal.
- Validity period of the visa: The visa is valid for 1 year, or for the same period as the residence permit granted, provided that this permit is for less than 1 year.
The visa accredits residence in Spain during its validity period, making it unnecessary to obtain a Foreigner Identity Card. However, this card may be applied for at the Foreign Nationals' Office or the corresponding Police Station.
Visa fee and Service charge are as follows:-
||Visa Fees in Euro
|Adults above 12 years
|Children between 6-12 years
|Under 6 years old
|BLS Service Fee
The Visa Fee is subject to change without notice'
Note: We regret we cannot accept photographs that do not meet these requirements
Please provide one recent photograph (not more than 3 months old) of yourself, which should not have been used previously in the passport. The photograph should be in colour and:
- Taken against a white background so that features are distinguishable and contrast against the background.
- Clear share quality and with the face in focus.
- Printed on normal photographic paper (camera print).
- Full face, non-smiling [without sunglasses, a hat/cap or other head covering, unless the applicant wears such items because of their religious belief or ethnic background]
- Please stick the Photograph on the Visa Application Form.
Note: Please follow these instructions carefully. If photographs presented do not meet these requirements your application will be considered incomplete. A photo booth meeting these requirements is available at the center.