(In all types of residence visas, the presence of all people on the day of the interview is required)
Short-stay or residence visa for foreigners making a significant capital investment, understood as:
- An initial investment of at least 2 million euros in Spanish public debt securities, or 1 million euros in stocks or shares in Spanish companies undertaking actual business activities, or in investment or venture capital funds incorporated in Spain, or in bank deposits in Spanish financial institutions.
- The purchase of unencumbered real estate for a minimum of 500,000 euros, (if the investment is made by a couple married in community of property, one of the spouses may obtain an investor visa, and the other spouse, a visa as a family member of the investor).
- A business project in Spain considered to be of general interest, as regards the creation of jobs, the significant socio-economic impact on the geographical area in which the project is to be carried out, or its significant contribution to scientific or technological innovation. In this case, the visa may be obtained by a representative designated by the investor to manage the project.
Investments made by legal persons will be accepted, provided that the legal person is not based in a tax haven, and that the investor holds, directly or indirectly, majority voting rights and the power to appoint or dismiss the majority of the members of the board of directors.
The following family members of the investor may also obtain the visa:
- The spouse or unmarried partner.
- Children and adult children who are financially dependent on the investor and who have not created a family unit of their own.
- Relatives in the ascending line in the investor's care.
This Consular Office is competent to accept visa applications from individuals residing in the consular district.
- Who can apply for a permit: Visa applications must be submitted in person by the applicant, or by one of their parents if they are a minor. They may also be submitted through a duly accredited representative.
- Visa application period: 1 year as of the capital investment. This period is not applicable to investments in real estate, but investments made before 29 September 2013 will not be eligible.
- Place of submission: Applications must be submitted in person at the Consular Office. An appointment is necessary.
- Rectifying the application: The Consular Office may ask the applicant to submit any missing documents, or to provide additional documents or data that are necessary for a decision regarding the application. The applicant may also be called in for a personal interview.
- Decision period: The legal period for reaching a decision is 10 days as of the day after the submission date of the application, but this period may be extended when an interview or additional documents are requested.
- Collecting the visa: The visa must be collected in person by the applicant or by their representative within a maximum period of 1 month, counted as of the day after the date on which the favorable decision is notified. The Consular Office will inform the applicant regarding the procedure for the return of the passport and any other original documentation.
- Visa refusal: Visa refusals will always be notified in writing, setting forth the grounds on which the decision adopted was based.
- Validity period of the visa: The visa is valid for 1 year.
The visa accredits residence in Spain during its validity period, making it unnecessary to obtain a Foreigner Identity Card. However, this card may be applied for at the Foreign Nationals' Office or the corresponding Police Station.
Visa fee and Service charge are as follows:-
||Visa Fees in Euro
|Adults above 12 years
|Children between 6-12 years
|Under 6 years old
|BLS Service Fee
The Visa Fee is subject to change without notice'
Note: We regret we cannot accept photographs that do not meet these requirements
Please provide one recent photograph (not more than 3 months old) of yourself, which should not have been used previously in the passport. The photograph should be in colour and:
- Taken against a white background so that features are distinguishable and contrast against the background.
- Clear share quality and with the face in focus.
- Printed on normal photographic paper (camera print).
- Full face, non-smiling [without sunglasses, a hat/cap or other head covering, unless the applicant wears such items because of their religious belief or ethnic background]
- Please stick the Photograph on the Visa Application Form.
Note: Please follow these instructions carefully. If photographs presented do not meet these requirements your application will be considered incomplete. A photo booth meeting these requirements is available at the center.